Make Money Online In Home With Zero Investment: Tip You Need to Perform Every Time You Want to Build a New Affiliate store

Friday, December 4, 2015

Tip You Need to Perform Every Time You Want to Build a New Affiliate store

Brainstorming for Keywords
Some people who read this book will already have sites. Others will not. Either way, you have to get good at brainstorming for keywords because that’s where it all starts. Those of you who have a site will be looking for valuable keywords that fit in. Those of you who don’t will be looking for
valuable keywords to base a site on.
When I brainstorm, I like to find thousands and thousands of keywords at a time (that sounds a lot harder than it actually is). I’ll go more into this later in the book but by starting with thousands of keywords it makes it a lot more likely that I will find a bunch of winners. I like to make my list as large as possible (while staying within the scope of my site) before I do any analysis at all. Fortunately there are tools that make it easy to get a list that’s thousands of keywords long. With these tools you can enter in one keyword and have 100-800 come out. It’s easy to find a few thousand.
I start this process by using the Adwords Keyword Tool. In order to get all of the information you’ll need, you’ll have to sign up for a free account. The tool is intended for people who are interested in advertising on Google but we’re going to use it a little differently. Go ahead and sign up
and get signed in.
Once you’re signed in you’ll need to click ‘Tools and Analysis’ and then ‘Keyword Tool’ to get to the right place:
Once I’m there, I start by entering the main topic my site is about. Let’s say for example purposes that my topic is ‘cooking’. You will change the Match Type to ‘[Exact]’, enter ‘cooking’, and click
‘Search’:
You will then see a list of a bunch of phrases that are related to cooking. It looks like in this example there are about 800 phrases that are related to cooking:
Before we download these keywords, we need to make sure that we have all of the data we need. I personally like to see ‘Competition’, ‘Global Monthly Searches’, and ‘Approximate CPC’. You can choose the information you see by clicking the ‘Columns’ button:
After we have the data configured properly, we can download this list by clicking the download button:
I download as ‘CSV for Excel’. CSV will also work. Keep track of where you’re downloading the files. We’ll need them all later in the process Now we want to expand our list a lot further by taking terms from our original list and putting them back into the tool. I like to sort my original list by search volume to see the terms that have the most – those are the ones I put back into the tool. You can do this in the Adwords tool or in Excel – to do it with the Adwords tool you can click ‘Global Monthly Searches’ at the top of the column:
After you do the sort, you can see the highest volume keywords. These are the ones you want to put back into the tool to expand the list:
So you will now take ‘cooking games’, ‘Barbie cooking games’, etc. and will run them with the tool.
Note: I personally would not use ‘cooking channel’ or ‘cooking mama’ in this process. I stay away from keywords if I believe that people are searching for something that I obviously can’t provide. I am obviously not the cooking channel and I’m not cooking mama either. I’m ok with Barbie cooking games because I can review Barbie cooking games and point people to where they can buy them. If you put ‘cooking games’ into the tool, you will see a list of a few hundred additional keywords:
If this was your cooking site, you would have to decide if cooking games related keywords fit in with the scope of your site. If this was my site, I think they would fit in fine because I could create a resource around them. After I downloaded the ‘cooking games’ keywords, I would just continue down the list running new sets of keywords and downloading them. Here are some other examples of things I would run to expand my list: Recipes, menus, cooking ideas, food, Mexican food, Italian food, healthy food, breakfast, lunch, dinner, cookies, cake, desserts, chicken, steak, soups, salads, main dishes, side dishes, pasta, seafood, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment